We've been there too!
We know what that feels like, to have the wind taken out of your sail when you have a book within you that you have spent time finally getting it right, only for someone else to spoil things for you!
We both had our non-positive experiences when:
- Judith’s book cover turned out looking like it was thrown together by an amateur;
- Debbie’s feedback from the Publisher made her think her book wasn’t worth completing;
- Judith never even saw a paperback copy of her own book once it was published and never received a penny in royalties despite having a contract stating she would;
- Debbie’s Publisher inflated the costs of the book publishing process;
- We could go on, but we will stop here!
We have reignited the spark and excitement for authors who have experienced these kinds of publishing nightmares! We’ve restored their faith when they thought they might never see their book come to light. We’ve helped to restore their belief in their vision and in the reason they began their authoring journey to begin with.
Here are just a few examples of the results our clients have experienced.
Revamp 1 - Manifested Blessings
Our very own, Judith Richardson Schroeder had commissioned a beautiful collaborative book with a unique style. The project started to unravel, and the books ended up not being as expected, with some minor detail missing from the front cover to the book being scaled back, without the content page, information about the authors, and no attention to detail with the layout. As a result, the team at Carnelian Moon immediately took the book and worked our usual magic and turned the book into a true manifestation of Judith’s original vision. She finally had the book that made her proud to share it with the world.
Revamp 2 - Bellyflies
When a dear friend, Cathy Gagliardi, who is a self-published author contacts us saying all her books have been removed from the Lulu shop because they no longer do the size she has been selling for years, we swiftly acted to get her original two books into the public domain. We did a complete revamp of her two main books, plus two new books she was just getting ready to launch. She now has four books that are available to over 40,000 networks around the world. Here books are being sold as far afield as China, Australia, Europe, among other locations around the world. Bellyflies even became an Amazon #1 Best-Selling book in two categories. There’s nothing like having a team to guide and support you and bounce ideas off when you are a self-published author.
Revamp 3 - Demystifying College Admission
Brian Keith South came to us after being referred by a mutual friend. His book Demystifying College Admission that he had been writing for over 5 years was stuck. Another Publisher started the process, created a cover and had edited his book, after he had additional requests for edits, he quickly received an invoice for an additional $7,000 – $2,000 more than he had already paid. His dream of publishing his book started to slip away. He started a Go Fund Me Campaign to raise funds to continue the editing process, not sure how he would get his book published. Taking one step at a time, a friend reached out to him and told him about Carnelian Moon.
We were surprised to hear that his book was scheduled to be published 2 years prior to us connecting with Brian and hearing about his challenging authoring journey. As a result, we considered Brian for our Publishing Grant Awards and he was successfully awarded with one of our grants for 2020. Brian’s book was finally published in September 2020 and became an Amazon #1 Best-Selling Book in two categories within hours of being launched.
Ready to reignite the passion into your book?
This Session is for you, if:
- You have a book that has already been published and you are not happy with sales or even the look and feel;
- Your book was self-published and you are looking to have your book added to a wider distribution and increase sales opportunities;
- Your book no longer fits your vision;
- You have a completed manuscript and you are looking for some additional support to navigate your next steps;
- A publishing experience didn’t deliver as promised;
- Your book didn’t live up to the publisher’s promise or investment cost.
- Things have just not gone to plan and you are looking for a different route to complete your book.
No judgement here! We’ve been there and have the tools to support your success.
We are ready to accompany you on your authoring journey to deliver the vision you truly desired, creating the spark and excitement you had for your book.
No one deserves to watch their spark of genius, passion and vision die out before it has had a chance to really be a change agent to the world!
Explore your options with Carnelian Moon Publishing. We have a reputation for bringing the spark back, reigniting the passion, and delivering authors the level of confidence we believe they deserve to enjoy as they birth their book!
We invite you to Reignite Your Book’s Passion, with our special consultancy package to support you in designing a plan for turning your an